Custom Cakes Return Policy
- We require a 100% non-refundable deposit for all orders and this is due when invoice is created at the time of ordering
- Any payment made on your order is non-refundable and non transferable. All cancelations and changes are required 9 days prior to the date of pick up. If canceled at least 9 days prior to the pick up date and time, we will be happy to transfer any payment made on that order to another order within 3 months from that date
Refunds / Exchanges
- No refunds or exchanges for custom orders
- Once you or a designated party has picked up an order and signed for it, it is considered "accepted".
- All products are the responsibility of the customer once it leaves our shop. We are not responsible for any damage occurring to the cake during transport, set-up or any time thereafter. You will be given instructions on how to carry, transport, and store your cake upon pick up. Keep in mind that cakes are very fragile and damages can happen if not handled properly – such as cracks, smudges, melted frosting, etc. We only give refunds in accordance with refund policies stated below.
- Cake flavour and texture is subjective. Full refunds requested due to flavour or texture after the cake has been accepted and picked up will not be honoured. You may qualify for a percentage of a store credit if the product is brought back and the quality of the cake flavour or texture is determined to not meet our standards. Cakes must be brought back to us within a timely manner, preferably within 24 hours of pick up - please call or email us promptly to let us know of the issue. Quality determination is solely at the discretion of Minute Bakery.
- If you come to our store for pick up or if upon delivery the cake does not meet your expectations, we will give you a refund (minus 25% handling/cancellation fee). This refund will be given as a store credit (no cash/money refunds will be given)
NOTE: If we give you a refund, you CANNOT keep the cake. You can only get the refund if you refuse to “accept” the cake. We will NOT negotiate a partial refund if you keep the cake. This is a “take it, or leave it” policy. We are not responsible for any expense you may incur for replacing our cake.
Cancellation / Changes
- Changes and cancellations to retail orders are accepted up until 9 days prior to the date of pick up. We are unable to make changes on orders after that time frame. No refunds will be provided for any payments made on the order no matter the amount - if canceled at least 9 day in advance we will be happy to transfer any payment made on that order to another order within 3 months from that date. We will provide no other refunds regardless of the circumstances. You will be required to pay the full amount if the order is cancelled with less notice. This does not apply to orders that have contracts
Guarantee / Disclaimer
- We do all that we can to make sure that your order is decorated to the specification of your correspondence with us. Upon pick-up of your cake, adjustments can be made for an additional charge if it was not stated on your original order. If for some reason something is not decorated correctly as stated on your order, we will make necessary changes right away.
- Every order is hand-made. Decorative finishes are done by hand and are subject to the artistic interpretation of our expert cake decorators. You may provide us with a photograph for inspiration and duplication; however, we make no claims for exact duplication of the work done by other cake decorators.